A few questions to discuss:
- How can after-school activities and clubs help encourage girls to engage with STEM subjects?
- What’s the role of all-girl clubs, such as coding clubs or robotics clubs?
- How can teachers engage with outside experts to provide support for clubs in areas where specialist knowledge is important?
- Is the gender of those outside experts important?
- Do we need to get more women volunteering to help with after-school activities and, indeed, how does this fit in with women’s existing family responsibilities given that most mothers still bear much of the domestic workload?
- Should we be looking at getting more non-mothers to volunteer?
- What kinds of resources would be helpful?
Please pitch in!