My ideas about what I can reasonably produce for this resources pack have evolved a lot over the last few months, and my current plans include these resources:
- Notes for teachers, drawn primarily from Prof Macdonald’s report.
- Careers ‘tree’ infographic, drawn from data from HESA and HECSU
- Careers advice website list, from Science Council (permission granted)
- Women in STEM posters (six?)
- Ten Types of Scientist poster drawn from Science Council (permission granted)
- Exercises/scenarios loosely based on Mantle of the Expert (http://www.mantleoftheexpert.com/)
- Gender literacy exercise around marketing a gender neutral toy
- Describe a scientist, based on the finding that girls respond more to adjectives than verbs
- How do STEM careers make a difference, based on Practical Action’s finding that girls are motivated by careers that enable them to make a difference
- Resources list of materials that support STEM teaching/learning, focused on ones that support girls
- Relevant reports and research
- Materials from Practical Action, who have a number of challenges we can include, http://practicalaction.org/stem (permission granted)
Any thoughts on this?