Win a ticket to the WeAreTechWomen Conference!

We have two tickets to the WeAreTechWomen Conference on 26 June to give away. The online conference features 48 sessions over four virtual stages, including keynotes from leading technology speakers, panels with industry experts, and Q&As. Plus there’ll be opportunities to chat and network in the virtual coffee rooms.

Tickets are £125, but if you want to win one of the two tickets up for grabs, just log-in or register and leave a comment below telling us which speaker you’re most looking forward to hearing from. We’ll then pick two entries at random on 12 June.

4 Likes

some one from soil microbiology
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Suw!

It’s a hard choice as there are some MANY interesting speakers! Definitely I would like to hear from Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino, especially about her Internet of Things meetup in London. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Lots of interesting things to choose from! I don’t know who is delivering the “How Data Science, Machine Learning and Blockchain are being used to fight COVID-19” but it sounds very interesting. I have a background in metadata and I currently work for a charity within the health sector, so data gathering to further courses is very interesting to me. Plus it is obviously a very hot topic. I am on furlough at the moment so this conference would be perfect way to spend my time!

2 Likes

Neurodiversity in tech for me. This is what I am looking to promote post-covid.
I also love hearing from Prof Sue Black.

1 Like

I’m most looking forward to hearing from Dr Pippa Malmgren to learn about her journey as a tech entrepreneur as well as her view on how aerial intelligence and autonomous vehicles will influence the future of geopolitics!

1 Like

Im most looking forward to hearing Sherry Coutu CBE speak to learn more about her journey in entrepreneurship and how she found being educated in 3 different countries.

1 Like

For me, it’s Dr Catriona Wallace. Ethical AI and pushing away from bias in machine learning is what it’s all about for me!

1 Like

Hello! I’m really looking forward to the Cybersecurity sesssion <3 I’m really interested in it.

1 Like

Mattie Yeta

1 Like

I will go for Jim Shook. I am keen on CyberSecurity and Ethical Hacking.

1 Like

How do we educate the next generation of technologists and career development for new scientists

1 Like

Such a great event! I would love to see Sam Smethers (Fawcett Society) and Sharmadean Reid (BeautyStack).

1 Like

Thank you for this opportunity, it’s very hard to choose just one speaker. But as Italian, I’ll go with Luciano Floridi! :smile:

I am very interested in “how to build a culture of inclusion” as well as “The Tech Talent Charter – Why we must foster diversity in tech” and related topics. This is so important. I am hoping to hear from diverse speakers like Bianca Miller-Cole.

I’m a South African PhD student researching women in AI, there are so many speakers I’d really appreciate listening to, including Suw Charman, Dame Wendy Hall, Baroness Joanna Shields, Seyi Akiwowo and Dame Stephanie Shirley. With the terrible exchange rate with the South African Rand winning a ticket is the only way I’ll get to attend, so holding thumbs!

Really looking forward to listening to Professor Sue Black OBE | Professor of Computer Science & Technology Evangelist!! Also looking forward to learning more about cyber security!!

Michelle Mendelsson - My PhD is focused around diversity and inclusion, specifically supporting students with disabilities in higher education so it would be great to hear her talk!

I would like to learn from Inma Martinez about her experiences developing WAP, video streaming and wearable tech, as well as finding out what her plans for the future are!

I’m interested in hearing Seyi Akiwowo speak. Her work in the online abuse space seems interesting.